Monday, July 23, 2007

cocktail builder

Of course out of a listing of 20something websites, I go straightaway to the cocktail builder(Didn't you say this should be fun!) Anyway, I find this to be a very informative and useful website with many applications. There is absolutely nothing to dislike about it and it is very easy to use.(Handy, since most people using it may find it difficult to read anything that is too hard..or blurry..or really read much at all.?.) I think it could have many useful library applications especially on those days when the day at the library has been too hard and long and your "favorite patrons" have especially overstayed their visit that day. Or possibly an effective use would be at the upcoming staff day, I think we would all enjoy that.

Seriously, in keeping with the theme of fun things, I love Google maps. I think that is a great device and very useful. People use it everyday and sometimes you need a little something other than Mapquest.

What I didn't find useful was the 43 things. Stuff like that amazes me. Instead of writing down an imagined life for yourself on the internet for everyone to read, hello, get out there and do all those things that you are writing. If reading that kind of stuff interests you, then you seriously need to get going in life instead of just sittng somewhere reading it off a computer.

I am shocked that MySpace didn't win an award, like Attracts most predators or Creates best fantasy world for teenagers.

No comments: